One of the biggest expenses that property owners face annually is maintaining their property. Having to fix issues that crop up over the year can take up valuable time and money that otherwise can be spent investing on your business.
Performing timely maintenance surveys and fixing issues before they become major headaches can save you both time and money. Illume Property Management and its sister company, illume Property Maintenance, use state-of-the-art software and inspection services to provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions about your maintenance budget.
Twice a year, illume Property Maintenance technicians will inspect your rental properties for water leaks and water intrusion, clean out dryer vents, and note any other exterior or interior maintenance needs based on a checklist and specified criteria. We conduct the survey in the following manner:
- Examine each room for visual defects or damage, taking pictures of items that need to be noted.
- Confirm all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors function properly.
- Check all filters in the home, including furnace filters, and replace as necessary.
- Check underneath all sinks and plumbing fixtures.
- Review the overall condition of exterior and interior of the home.
- Check all attics and crawl spaces, when applicable and accessible.
Technicians also look for activity that runs contrary to the Rental Agreement, such as smoking in the residence, unauthorized roommates or pets, illegal activity, and tenant-caused damage to the property. We log every issue we find into our system in real time, which we then use to create a work order for illume Property Maintenance to follow up on.
By catching issues at the beginning stage, rather than waiting for it to become a major problem, it could mean hundreds of dollars less spent fixing the issue, and only a few hours or days to repair it instead of weeks or even months.
These savings can really add up over the course of a year. Talk to your illume Property Management manager today and see if your property is due for a semi-annual checkup. Call us at 503-241-0676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.